Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2015

Let's Take a Look At Children's Songs

Let's take a break from our usual fare and look at songs designed for children. So, let's take a look on YouTube and see what we can find.

Mommy's Got A Baby In Her Tummy
By Patty Shukla




While I understand where this is coming on from, it is strange to me. The way the girl leans on her mom's belly and the way she proudly declares that it is for her, just makes me think she wants to eat it. 

I can't wait until your fully cooked.

The girl continues to explain sing about her new burrito cooking, in a way that I can only describe as the sound cats would make if you threw them in a toilet while flushing it. 
Towards the end of the song, the wait for the burrito over takes her and she breaks down mumbling, "a baby" over and over. 
I will give this song 2 fetuses out of 5. It is too much for my ears.

Please help this child.



Round and Round We Go!
By Debbie Doo


Let's take a look at Debbie here, she looks fun. She has an awesome sparkling pink wig, beads, and bright colors. She has a 90's vibe to her. I would hang with her.

And Austin Power teeth.

Today we a ribbon dancing with her. I remember when that was popular for a while in 90's. Any ways, she hits up some polka music and we start going "Round and Round". I really like the part where she starts woahing. Debbie you won me over with that. Here's 4 out of 5 round and rounds for you.

Just don't take anyone's eye out.




The Animal Sounds Song
by The Bounce Gang


I am so glad I clicked this one. Just look at these colorful "creatures" they are great. The rooster is my favorite already and I am only 7 seconds in.

Take that Miley.

The animals are introduce one by one by their sounds. The poor horse and snake seem to get a little rip off on their costumes. 
The animals then turn the tables and instruct us to their dirty sounds for them. Really? Okay but, first I have to pee.
The song ends and the animals congratulate us for repeating them.  I am surprised they didn't reward us with grain. But, I'll award The Bounce Gang with 4 1/2 out of 5 sad snakes. This wasn't bad at all, I just have to dock a 1/2 point for not asking, "What does the fox say?"

Thanks for appreciating me.





Old MacDonald Had A Farm
by Merry Music Box


An old true classic, let's see how Merry Music Box tackles it. I must say I like the music they gave it, it seems a little skaish to me. The animation lacks a little but, you can tell they were on a budget. 

Bonus: Farming in diapers.

Old MacDonald keeps introducing his animals one by one. (I must admit, these cartoon characters sure have some moves. They basically fly.) We end up with our last animal and surprise it was a Tiger. Everyone scatters. 
I enjoyed these rendition, the music was fun. For this one, I am going to give it 5 out 5 anorexic pigs.

You know I had to touch that one.



Recycle Bin
by David Chicken


I honestly don't know where to start with Mr. Chicken here. He just may be my hero. The guy lives in a chicken inspired house and he is the Vanilla Ice of men who dress like chickens. I must mention that the outfit it is gold.

If you're going for that douche bag chicken look.

David Chicken raps about recycling while singing at a dump with his children's chorus. But he is still hard to hate. This guy is just radical. I am going a 2 out of 5 old water bottles on the song. But 10 out 5 on the get up. (He overachieved.)

You keep clucking.


Out of these 5 songs it is a tie up between Debbie Doo and my new friend David Chicken.












No comments:

Post a Comment